Tuesday, August 21, 2007

How they fixed my Eyeball!

Well, its been a week since the surgery and things are slowly starting to get better. I am glad they did not tell me everything. The end result will be wonderful, but the process so far has been pretty much hell. They say "no pain, no gain." I say, "NO SHIT!"

The idea that someones life, and thus their eyeball, will allow for me to see again is very surreal. Yea, it is not a heart or liver or even a lung, but a gift nevertheless that would not be possible in any other form. For that I am eternally grateful. Thank You.

Anyway, much thanks go out to my loving wife Kelly and my parents for putting up with my sorry ass... and for all who have called, texted, emailed and sent over gifts. Nice to know that when you "go off the grid" people actually care.

Now, seriously. Ali Gage, model and actress was 28 when diagnosed with Keratonconus. A corneal transplant was done. The below link is a slide-show of her surgery from 2001. Some things are little different now, but it's very similar.

Go to: http://www.fyeye.com/power-point/agcornea-transplant/Ali-Transplant/sld002.htm

No comments: